Introduction and contents
- Information about your rights and the choices available to you with respect to your personal data as it is used through our Services;
- Transparency about how we collect and use personal data from our Services, including when and how it is shared;
- Information on how we protect personal data collected from our Services; and
- Information on your rights with respect to personal data collected through our Services.
Find out more about how we manage your personal data below.
Who we are and how to contact us
Rowan TELS, Corp. is the “data controller” with respect to your personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us directly, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The types of personal data we may collect about you
The personal data we collect when you use Rowan Services
When you use our Software, we collect:
- your name
- your email address
- other details such as billing address when you sign up for our software services
- some limited data on usage of the Rowan software for billing, tracking, performance, and analytics
- your IP address
- your URL
- cookies already on your browser
- information on how you interact with our services
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our website, including whether you were referred to our site(s) via other websites
How we collect personal data
We may collect personal data directly from you when you:
- sign up for our Services and when you browse or use our Services
- access and interact with any of our Services
- when you contact us via email
How we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our Services only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected your personal data.
Purposes for using your personal data
The purpose may be one of the following:
- to identify you as an authorized user of our Services;
- to perform a contract we have entered into with you, where it is in our legitimate interests or with your consent;
- to provide the products and services according to your requests;
- to carry out our internal administrative purposes, such as administering or manage our relationship with you and our obligations to you, communicating with you regarding your use of our Services, and enforcing our rights as they arise from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- when we analyze the use of our Software or what content has been viewed on our Services, so that we can understand how they are used and improve our Software, functionality of our Services and/or associated content;
- to carry out marketing analyses to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can make our content more relevant to your interests and preferences. This includes when we promote our own products and services. For example, we look at what you have viewed on our Services.
- to collect and log IP addresses to improve our Websites and monitor usage of our Websites;
- to notify you about changes to our Services; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented commercially standard technical and organizational controls to secure our Software, Websites, and systems against accidental loss, damage or destruction. Your data will be under those protections. Notwithstanding our technical and organizational controls, however, you are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our Services. You should keep this password confidential, and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us.
Unfortunately, sending any information, including personal data, via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you send to our Services, including the time that it is in transit. If you elect to provide any personal data, please be aware that you provide it at your own risk.
When we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with other organizations under the following circumstances:
Service providers – We may share your data with other organizations that provide services on our behalf. Examples of when we may share your data with service providers include sharing with:
- internet and cloud hosting services providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- software service providers such as Pipedrive that assist us with our customer relationship management
- error tracking software providers to help us diagnose and fix errors and optimize the performance of our Services
- service providers that help us carry out analytics, facilitate audience creation and segmentation and to measure our audience engagement
- service providers that provide us with insights and analytics that help us to improve our products and services. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our Services. If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the ‘Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On’, provided by Google
Agencies and authorities if required by law – We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or in connection with any legal action if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, where the request is proportionate, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else (for example, in response to valid and properly served legal process such as subpoena or warrant).
Affiliates and others as allowed by law – In addition to the disclosures that are required from us by law, from time to time, we may also share your data with our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties that we may choose to work with for any lawful purpose. These purposes may include, but are not limited to, the following: processing your transactions; operating our business; developing, maintaining, and improving our products and services to you; as a necessary disclosure in the due diligence processes for a merger or an acquisition; and/or as part of a business transaction. We reserve the right to use your data as we may reasonably deem to be necessary in the course of our business and as permitted under applicable laws.
International data transfers
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as monthly emails. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email.
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and similar technologies
Requests with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
Please email email@example.com with any request you would like to make regarding personal data that we may hold about you. We will respond to requests as we have the capacity to do so.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity or verify your request. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need additional time to respond. We will also let you know if your request will not be honored or the extent to which it will be honored.
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used or stored, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For users of our Software
- July 15, 2021
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our Websites or use our Software, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, such as a tag, pixel, or other web beacon (collectively “Cookies”).
- Understanding how you use our Websites or Software
- Showing you content that is relevant to you
- Showing you Rowan products and services that are relevant to you
In the next section, we explain in more detail the Cookies we use with our Services for a number of purposes.
Cookies created by our Websites are referred to as “first-party Cookies” and Cookies created by other domains are referred to as “third-party Cookies.”
What types of cookies do we use?
We use four types of Cookies:
- Necessary – Cookies which are necessary for the basic functioning and security of the Websites or Software and customer communication. For example, Cookies are used to determine whether a visitor is a human or a bot. These include cookies such as Intercom, Google captcha.
- Analysis – we use two types of analytical Cookies:
- Performance – Cookies which measure how often you visit our Websites or Software and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our Websites or Software and to improve our Services, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party Cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics Cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything (details of how to opt out of it are below).
- Functionality – Cookies that are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our Websites or Software, so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience. A mix of first-party and third-party Cookies are used. These include cookies such as Intercom, Google captcha.
- Advertising – Cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our Websites, including the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below. These include cookies such as Google Ad and Google Analytics, Facebook Ad tracking, LinkedIn Ad tracking.
- Email tracking – Cookies used to track subscription to our newsletter. These include cookies such as Mailchimp email tracking, and MailerLite email tracking.
How to manage advertising Cookies at Rowan
If you would like to find out more about privacy, Cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful:
If you would like to contact us about Cookies please email email@example.com.
- July 14, 2021.